1. Alameda Special Education Family Support Group (ASPED Families) October Meetings;
ASPED Family Support Group will have two meetings in one evening for the Autism Support Group and the Dyslexia Support Group. The meetings will be held at Franklin Elementary, 6:30pm – 8:30pm on Wednesday, October 18th. Free childcare will be provided.
2. The North Region SELPA invites Parents of children with special needs & community members!
Discussion on “Executive Function” Skills:
Helping your child plan ahead, solve problems & stay organized.
- What IS executive functioning? What does it mean for my child?
- How do we organize the school binder & stay on top of schoolwork?
- Tips & tricks, Q&A
Monday October 23th, 6:30pm-8:00pm
6:30-7:00: CAC Meeting
7:00-8:00: Executive Function Skills Discussion
Location: 1275 61st Street (at Doyle),
Emeryville CA 94608 in the Head Start Multi-purpose Room.
Parking lot entrance on Doyle between 59th and 61st.
3. The Asian-American, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander (AA-NHPI) Disability Awareness Project “Making the Invisible, Visible Breaking the Stigma,” on Saturday, October 28, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at Maya Lin Elementary School, 825 Taylor Street in Alameda.
The purpose of the Summit is to raise visibility for those living with disabilities, differently-abled and mental health conditions and those with lived experiences in the AANHPI communities. In doing so, we hope to break the stigma which exists in our cultures, which we will do so through sharing of stories and facilitation of discussion groups.
For more information and to register, visit this Eventbrite page.