Please save-the-date for the second community workshop on the citywide Transit and Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Plan on Wednesday, October 19 at 6:30 p.m. in the Mastick Senior Center Social Hall at 1155 Santa Clara Avenue. City staff and the consultant team will request input on preliminary strategies to help improve transportation in Alameda.
Please share your thoughts on transportation issues by completing a brief web survey that is part of this citywide transportation planning effort. This web survey asks some of the same questions that are part of a citywide telephone survey on transportation.
The citywide Transit and TDM Plan’s purpose is to help ensure that Alameda sustains its high quality of life during a time of population growth throughout the Bay Area region. During this 18-month citywide planning effort, the City will identify opportunities for strategic transportation investment and coordination with transit providers to provide Alamedans with enhanced transportation options while reducing congestion, our carbon footprint and air pollution.
All community members are welcome to participate in any of the following outreach activities:
· Complete web survey (by October 31)
· Second Organizational Advisory Meeting: Thursday, October 13 at 3 p.m. in the City Council Chambers (2263 Santa Clara Avenue). This meeting targets individuals representing organizations or commissions; however, the general public is welcome to participate.
· Second Community Workshop: Wednesday, October 19 at 6:30 p.m. at Mastick Senior Center.
· Transportation Commission Meeting: Wednesday, November 16 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers (2263 Santa Clara Avenue)
· Planning Board Meeting: Monday, December 12 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Chambers
· City Council: date to be determined at 7:00 p.m. in the City Chambers
· Follow Plan Web Page: To follow the Plan’s progress, go to the project web page